MAX International Converters sets up Transform 2025 to cut its environmental impact
Lancaster, PA-based specialty-paper and label stock maker MAX International Converters, Inc. is investing in the future through Transform 2025, a new corporate initiative to reduce the environmental impact of waste through prevention, reduction, recycling, and reuse.
Consistent with the United Nations’ “Transforming Our World: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development," the Transform 2025 initiative lays out MAX International’s commitment to being a world-class leader in developing, manufacturing, and distributing environmentally conscious products. Focusing on MAXStick® liner-free direct thermal labels, MAX International aims to achieve the following goals:
- Drive global awareness of available liner-free options to eliminate liner-waste from traditional linered labels.
- Improve environmental performance through support of research and development that advances the frontiers of liner-free label knowledge.
- Recognize the environmental effects of manufacturing, distribution, use and disposal when developing and designing new liner-free label products to meet customer specifications.
- Participate constructively in the development of public policies on the use of liner-free label products, particularly with color-coded labeling of allergens in prepared food.
- Partner with customers, suppliers and organizations who share the vision to provide environmentally sustainable, liner-free label products.
The announcement of the Transform 2025 initiative comes after MAX International was awarded an Efficient Solutions Designation by the Solar Impulse Foundation (SIF) for MAXStick® Linerfree Direct Thermal Labels. This award is part of SIF’s Worldwide 1000+ Solutions Alliance for building a portfolio of innovations for profitable environmental solutions.
“Key to theTransform 2025 initiative, MAX International will release a series of new products under the MAXStick® Products brand in the coming months. These new products will reflect the values of the Transform 2025 initiative as we proudly work with suppliers and customers to provide environmentally sustainable liner-free label products,” says MAX International President Mike Vigunas.
MAX International specializes in converting paper rolls and associated products used in print mechanisms for the POS, ATM, kiosk, wagering, and other self-service devices. MAX International’s signature product, MAXStick®, is widely recognized as the first liner-free, direct-thermal repositionable label. Crafted with a proprietary “removable and restickable” adhesive formulation, MAXStick® liner-free labels are an environmentally friendly labeling solution that are recyclable, silicone free and Bisphenol Free (BP-Free).